- Maggie Millus is a South Florida humorist who likes to write about people. She writes humor to survive the absurdities of life and to make others laugh.
- Like everyone else, she has issues…issues caused by other people: her husband, her mother, and even the dog, Pookie , an insomniac and nocturnal canine who seriously needs a helmet.
- As a science teacher in a previous life, she wrote two science books. She began writing humor in order to vent her frustrations and shield herself from the craziness of work and family life.
- You can see her cartoons and blogs at Barmy Bottom Hollow on this website. Her “barmy” blogs are a bit off the wall and bonkers. Her more conventional humor has been featured on http://www.humoroutcasts.com/ and the blog of the Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop website, www.humorwriters.org/.
- When Maggie isn’t working on her collection of humorous pieces and vignettes about coping, she can be found muddling through the sweaty crankiness and eccentricities of family life in the South Florida heat and humidity.